28 February 2011

yard makeover ideas

With the past few weekends feeling like Spring, I am starting to get excited about getting some outside projects going. I am thankful to have such a large yard, so there is plenty of room for some nice beds, trees, even a garden; and still give the dogs plenty of room to run. I already have a few ideas of what I want to do—basic things like extend the beds in the front and lay down some mulch, pull up some bushes, replant more, trim back others. But, there is one area in the back that I really want to make into a shady sitting area for the dogs and myself. Haven't quite figured out how yet, but have been scanning through images that I have pulled for inspiration. All the healthy green grass, and sunny skies are a stark contrast to this dreary rain we are having here in Nashville today!

All images can be found here.

3 comments:

Bonnie @ SouthernSprout.com said...

Love all these great garden inspirations. Thanks for sharing. Our house is currently a blank canvas. We hope to have it looking as cool as these garden spaces soon.

emily said...

thanks Bonnie, I have seen the progress on your blog with your yard!
You seem to always have a fun house project going. That blog I link to has some really great images to scan through for inspiration for any house updates! Can't wait to see how your yard turns out.

kasey @ girl in the gray house said...

love the inspiration photos - and i'm sure whatever you do will be beautiful. we spent the weekend in our yard relocating hydrangeas and gardenias and hopefully next weekend we'll plant our veggie/fruit garden. yay for homegrown produce!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...