13 July 2011

"splendid" just about sums it up!


There is a new ice cream shop in my ‘hood and I am pretty much in love with every flavor they have. Jenis Splendid Ice Cream opened in June and after tasting what I have so far, I would like to meet this Jeni and shake her hand! This is the best ice cream I have ever had, hands down, and I am not necessarily an ice cream kind of person.

Check out some of these flavors:
Salty Caramel
Goat Cheese and Black Cherries
Pistachio and Honey
Sweet Corn and Black Raspberries
Riesling Poached Pear
Bangkok Peanut
Rockmill Golden Ale and Apricots
Wildberry Lavendar
Tonight I had the Coriander Raspberry paired with the Lemon Yogurt—yum!

Oh, and did I mention they make their own waffle cones in the shop? Come on! Too good!
This place is walking distance from my house, which is probably a good thing because I have a feeling I will need that extra walk to counter balance all of the calories I will gain eating it every week!

Here is a link to an interview with Jeni and a recipe for her Sweet Corn & Black Raspberry Ice Cream. Look for her cookbook too!

This kid was in his pajamas and was so excited to
pick out his ice cream. Adorable!

1 comment:

Claire said...

best. ice. cream. ever. and may i recommend my 2 favorite combinations (which are the only ones I've tried)

backyard mint + milkest chocolate
bangkok peanut + salty caramel

DELICIOUS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...