02 January 2012

2012



I am a day late in the "new year" post because I spent January 1st giving myself permission to lay on the couch, watch the Law and Order: SVU marathon, and be lazy! However, I rang in the new year on a rooftop in downtown Nashville, dancing and laughing with friends. It has been years since I spent a New Year's Eve like that, but decided that I am 31, single again, and probably needed to mix it up a bit. I felt like it might be a good way to officially get back in the game. But really, it was just fun to get a new cocktail dress, put on heels, and feel a little sassy. I have mentioned before that I don't really make resolutions, and this year is no exception. However, I do actually feel more goal-oriented this year than I may have 12 months ago. Instead of just wishing for a year to go by without any sudden movements or changes I am ready to shift a few things about my life. I am grateful for the time I have had to be quiet and heal and gather myself back up. But, like a friend of mine recently said of her own goals for the new year, it is time to focus on myself and make changes for my life, that might get me to the next phase. And I finally feel confident enough that I am ready for that. So, here's to another one.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Here! Here! To both the year ahead focusing on yourself and the January 1 day of rest & relaxation. I fully support both. ;-) Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...