15 November 2013

Happiness vs. Wholeness



YES! Yes, let's pursue wholeness! I have so much I want to say about this concept but can't seem to form a full, well thought-out blog post about it. So instead I will just say this. I am grateful to finally understand this truth. Many young years were filled with a constant struggle to keep the pendulum on happy, and they pale in comparison to my more recent pursuit of wholeness. Instead of pursuing a list of things that would, in my belief, make me happy, I have begun to embrace the things that make up my life. All of the great things and the tough things. I find I am less afraid to change or to make mistakes. I find myself feeling less like a failure because of this or that, and instead more settled in who I am. I am no longer trying to race to some imaginary finish line, and instead have more days where I actively enjoy experiencing life. Which strangely sounds like a better list for what should make me happy than the one I had collaged together in the first place. This quote has come up in so many conversations for me lately I felt it was a concept worth sharing. Hope it might resonate with others they way it has for me!



3 comments:

Ellen Mallernee Barnes said...

Very cool idea. Love it.

taylor lane said...

Love the thought but love what you wrote after the thought more! Love it. Yes. Wholeness.

taylor lane said...

Love the thought but love what you wrote after the thought more! :) Yes. Wholeness. What is life without sadness? Not real. Not tangible. Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...